The Audit Service Ghana has held its annual thanksgiving Mass at Christ the King Parish Cantonments, Accra to thank the good Lord for his love and kindness throughout the year.
The Holy Mass celebration which was attended by the Auditor General, Mr. Daniel Domelevo, Directors of the Audit Service, management and staff was presided over by Very Rev Fr. John K. Louis the Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Accra.
In his homily, Very Rev Fr. Louis commended them for coming together to give thanks to God, for it is always proper to thank God for our lives and the achievements of the preceding year. He shared 5 lessons he drew from the day’s reading with them which are;
- God; and the lesson is to keep God first must always be first in our lives because He is all we have. We should not go for another god or substitute Him with a human being. Therefore, let us keep God first in the discharge of our duties.
- Standards; there maybe temptation to lower the standards of the audit profession in the discharge of your duties. Sometimes the temptation may come from the fear of losing one’s job, do not give in to any intimidation or the appeal of bribe. Rather, at all times, keep to the standards of the auditing.
- Counsel; as auditors, it is always rewarding to seek the wise experienced colleagues whose integrity is not in doubt. The mention of integrity leads us to the fourth lesson which is about sincerity.
- Sincerity; as auditors, you are to act in accordance with what you know in our heart is right. Be sincere in your duties and this requires courage and that is the last lesson.
- Courage; be bold and confident in discharging your duties. Do not allow biased critics and people in authority to intimidate you.
He ended his homily by advising them to endeavor to practice these lessons throughout the New Year (2020) and prayed that the good Lord shower more blessings on the Audit Service, on their families and on the nation, Ghana.